MEXICO68 AFROBEAT ORCHESTRA
OUT ON RAMPART RECORDS
Mexico68 Afrobeat Orchestra is Los Angeles’ own Afrobeat powerhouse that is profoundly inspired by the creative genius of Nigerian musician and activist, Fela Kuti and his classic bands, Afrika 70 and Egypt 80.
Mexico68 Afrobeat Orchestra pays respect to the originators of Afrobeat by laboring to faithfully execute their original music, and various Fela covers, as closely as possible to the original sources, while yet infusing their unique experiences, perspectives, and struggles.
Mexico68 Afrobeat Orchestra is a diverse band, consisting of 13 members who hail primarily from East Los Angeles and surrounding Southern California neighborhoods and Cities. The band’s heart and soul are deeply rooted deeply in the East Side of Los Angeles.
Mexico68 Afrobeat Orchestra has shared the stage with many amazing bands and musicians, such as Lee Scratch Perry, The Abyssinians, Red Baraat, Chicano Batman, Jungle Fire, Ethio Cali, Western Standard Time, Anthony B, Pato Banton, The Lions, Buyepongo, Monophonics, as well as various exciting and interesting bands from Los Angeles.
“Mexico68 Afrobeat infuses the music with their own experiences and their own struggle, that’s what really blew me away. Its a unique sound of Los Angeles and I could not get more excited to talk about them! ”.
Betto Arcos – Music Critic, Reporter, NPR, BBC-PRI’s The World
“It’s a great feeling to know that I got the honor of releasing this record. Great Album! Looking forward to submitting it for a GRAMMY consideration under the category of World Music”
Hector A. Gonzales – Rampart Records
- Grand Performances: (Los Angeles, CA)
- The Broad Stage: (Los Angeles, CA)
- Museum of Latin American Art: (Los Angeles, CA)
- Corazon Performing Arts Center: (Topanga, CA)
- Self Help Graphics: (Los Angeles, CA)
- The Eclectic Festival: (Pasadena, CA)
- Levitt Pavilion: (Los Angeles, CA)
- Eagle Rock Music Festival: (Los Angeles, CA)
- Afro Music Festival: (Los Angeles, CA)
- Echo Park Rising Festival (Los Angeles, CA)
- The dA Center For The Arts: (Pomona, CA)
- Afro-Latin Music Festival: (Inglewood, CA)
- Santa Monica Pier Music Fest: (Santa Monica, CA)
- Reggae On The Mountain Festival: (Topanga, CA)
- Joshua Tree Music Festival: (Joshua Tree, CA)
- The Echo / Echoplex (Los Angeles, CA)
- The Commonwealth Lounge (Los Angeles, CA)
- Lee Scratch Perry,
- The Abyssinians,
- Red Baraat,
- Chicano Batman,
- Jungle Fire,
- Ethio Cali,
- Western Standard Time,
- Anthony B,
- Pato Banton,
- The Lions,
- Quinto Sol
All original songs by Mexico68 Afrobeat Orchestra
Follow this Link: http://bit.ly/33KcfGo
User Name: firstname.lastname@example.org